Sunday 21 March 2010

An exceutive decision has been made

After going to college today i have decided that i am not going to use Z-Brush to create the panels for the character. Dean kindly showed me how to use a plug-in for photoshop that is free to download that can generate normal maps from using the diffuse map that will be created. This plugin once installed can be found under Filter>NIVIDIA Tools>NormalMapFilter

Dean showed me a demonstration of this in college and it seems very easy to use with great results. This is really going to help me manage my time better as well as spending all that time in Z-Brush has set me back hopefully this will speed the whole process up now.

You can find this free plug-in at:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment